Published on:

Mom Left State for Months with Kids Home and Unsupervised 

The authorities are actively searching for a Texas woman who reportedly left her two children at home without food or supervision for almost two months.  

A woman who lives in Roman Forest with her 12-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son reportedly left her home at the end of September. When she departed, she allegedly left her daughter in charge of taking care of the toddler without any adult supervision. 

The mother of the children hails from Yates, Alabama. In December, when her relatives saw her in town without the kids, they became suspicious and called the father of the 12-year-old. 

Her dad, who is a music producer in California, quickly went to the home in Texas. When he discovered the children by themselves, he called the authorities to report it. 

According to reports, the inside of the dwelling was disgraceful, and there was no food available for the children. Dry beans and spices were reportedly the only food found in the cabinets. 

The 12-year-old reportedly said the reason she had not told anyone about how long her mother was gone was that she was afraid for her little brother, who has a different father than she does. She said her mom gave her the impression that if she told her father, he would only take her, and her brother would be left to fend for himself. 

The girl said she found ways to get food by calling and telling her dad that her mother was working. Her father would have food delivered to the home for the kids. 

Warrants for her arrest have been issued, and police in Alabama are working with the police in Texas to try to find the woman. Her social media has been updated, but they do not know where she is staying. 

When she is located by the authorities, she will be taken into custody. She is facing charges for two counts of abandoning or endangering a child without intent to return. 

If you or someone you love is suspected of a criminal offense, contact Orange County criminal defense lawyer Staycie R. Sena at (949) 477-8088 for a consultation now. 

Contact Information