Published on:

Deputy Chief of Police Arrested and Fired for Domestic Violence

A deputy chief of police in Arapahoe County was arrested, charged, and dismissed from his duties after allegedly striking his wife during an argument.

On September 3, the Empire Police Department’s now-former deputy chief of police and his wife went to a gathering. When they returned home, the man allegedly expressed anger about her interacting with one of the other partygoers, and they began to argue.

The situation escalated, and the man allegedly punched his wife in the head hard enough to render her unconscious for a few moments. He also allegedly constricted her breathing by placing his arm across her throat.

When the woman was reportedly able to free herself, she went to the bedroom and locked the door.

According to reports, her husband was no longer in the home when she woke up the next day.

Four days later, the woman was at the hospital and called the authorities. A deputy from the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office went to the location and met with her. She told him about the alleged instance of domestic violence and shared that the doctors at the hospital believed the injuries on her neck could have been caused by her husband. She was also found to have bruises on her body that suggested she had been grasped tightly, and she had a concussion.

There is a camera in the living room at the residence, and when the police reviewed the footage, they said it confirmed the woman’s claims.

When the authorities talked to the man, who was fired from his job because of the allegations, he said he did not do the things his wife claimed. He said he slapped her after she struck him.

The man was taken into custody and booked into the Arapahoe County Detention Facility. He may face charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault, and he was incarcerated without bond.

If you or someone you love is suspected of a domestic violence, assault, or battery offense, contact Orange County criminal defense lawyer Staycie R. Sena at (949) 477-8088 for a consultation now.

Contact Information