Articles Tagged with rape

Published on:

In October 2016, a Huntington Beach woman took the stand as a witness in defense her boyfriend who was charged with the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl. Her boyfriend was found guilty and sentenced. The woman was arrested on Thursday for allegations of providing false testimony during the trial in order to protect him from a conviction.

Jeffrey Scott Jones, boyfriend of 50-year-old Cynthia Marie Dunaway-Erickson, stood trial for raping a teenage girl living under her care. The victim told her friend’s mother about the sexual assault and the mother reported it to the police. Officers took the girl for a rape examination where DNA was collected and examined. When the sample matched Jones’ DNA he was taken into custody.

Dunaway-Erickson testified on behalf of Jones, and she confirmed the defense’s claim that the semen was discovered inside the girl because she and Jones used the same towel.

Published on:

On Wednesday morning at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, a female inmate approached a teaching instructor on the staff claiming she had been raped by a deputy during the night in the one of the jail dormitories. The woman named her alleged attacker as 31-year-old Giancarlo Scotti; a San Pedro resident and 10-year veteran deputy of the LA County sheriff’s department who is employed at the facility. Shortly after the initial report a second woman made similar allegations about Scotti, who was on duty during the time the assaults occurred.

As reported during a news conference by L.A. County Sheriff Jim McDonnell, the area of the jail where the alleged attacks took place was hastily secured in order to preserve any possible evidence. Investigators were called to the scene, and Scotti was held in a watch commander’s office. After an initial inspection, enough data including DNA evidence was obtained to justify Scotti’s arrest on suspicion of two counts of rape and two counts of oral copulation, both under the color of authority.

No charges were filed, and within 10 hours of his booking Scotti was released after posting $100,000 bail. He has currently been put on paid administrative leave.

Published on:

Authorities reported that an observant airline passenger aboard a flight from Seattle, WA to San Jose. CA spotted a man sitting in the seat in front of her allegedly sending alarming texts regarding child sexual assault. The screen display was large enough that she was able to capture photographic evidence of the conversation, and she alerted the flight crew about the incident.

The suspect, 56-year-old Michael Keller, was spied sending text messages to 50-year-old Gail Burnworth consisting of details about molesting children. Both Kellar and Burnworth are residents of Tacoma, Washington where Burnworth provides babysitting services. Police speculated this is what gave Kellar access to the victims: two children ages 5 and 7. The relationship between the suspects currently remains unknown.

After the passenger, who has chosen to remain anonymous, spoke with the flight attendant on board the law enforcement at the San Jose airport was notified. When Kellar disembarked the plane he was taken into custody immediately. Seattle police arrested Burnworth.

Published on:

41-year-old Alejandro Hernandez Garcia from San Juan Capistrano, suspected of sexually assaulting two teenage females, is facing seven felony charges for forcible rape and sexual penetration by a foreign object.

The first victim, a 16-year-old girl from San Juan Capistrano, was familiar with Garcia before the assault. He allegedly raped her after forcing her into a garage, and she recognized him nearly a year later when he returned to the neighborhood where the assault took place.

The second incident took place approximately one month later. Garcia was said to have given a 19-year-old woman who was lost in Santa Ana a drink laced with an illegal substance, and then proceeded to rape her in the backseat of his car.

Published on:

The trial for a Long Island, New York, foster father who is accused of numerous allegations of sexual abuse with children in his care began on Wednesday. Prosecutors describe his home as tranquil in appearance, having a nicely manicured lawn and classic cars parked in the driveway. But, was “like a prison” for the boys he was raising. Many of these boys suffered from mental illness or low I.Q.s.

According to the prosecutors in this case against Cesar Gonzales-Mugaburu, boys would wake up in the middle of the night to find Mr. Gonzales-Mugaburu allegedly on top of them. At other times, the boys would be chasing the dogs around the house and would allegedly find him sexually abusing another child.

One boy allegedly allowed the rape to happen. He hoped that if he submitted to Mr. Gonzales-Mugaburu and kept his attention on him, that he would be less likely to sexually abuse his younger brother.

Published on:

NFL network star Darren Sharper has recently pled guilty or no contest to drugging and raping a total of nine women in multiple states reports say.

While working as an analyst for the NFL network Sharper reportedly approached two women at a nightclub in West Hollywood in October 2013. He invited them to a party telling them he had to stop by his hotel room first. While they were inside his hotel room he offered the women drinks. One of the women woke up naked to Sharper, while he was sexually assaulting her. A few weeks later he was at the same nightclub and again, invited two women to a party, telling them he needed to stop by his hotel room.The women apparently lost consciousness sometime after.

For several months Sharper allegedly repeated these tactics across four different states. Over a dozen women eventually came forward, which led to criminal convictions five jurisdictions, including federal court.

Published on:

A 60 year old Ohio resident has admitted in a deposition to having sex with up to 100 corpses of dead women in the Hamilton County morgue between 1976 and 1992.

The deposition is part of a civil lawsuit between families of three of the victims against Hamilton County, who said that the morgue director failed “recklessly and wantonly” to supervise the employee.

Continue reading →