Articles Tagged with felony

Published on:

33-year-old Ah Le Fang resides in Fullerton with his mother Lu Thao, her boyfriend and his sister. Late one evening Fang began arguing with his sister resulting in closing himself into his bedroom and refusing to open the door. When his mother attempted to communicate with him, Fang allegedly emerged from his room with a knife in his hand and stabbed 50-year-old Thao in the stomach, and her 75-year-old boyfriend in the arm. He then ran out of the home.

Thao called 911 to report that she and her boyfriend had been attacked. When Fullerton police responded they discovered she was suffering from a laceration to her abdomen, and her boyfriend with a deep gash on his arm. Both injured parties were transported for medical treatment. Thao’s wound was fatal, and it was reported that her boyfriend was in serious condition.

Despite Fang fleeing he was quickly found by police. Upon investigation the officers also discovered a knife that they speculate is the weapon that was used in the assaults. Fang was taken into custody and he is being held on $1 million bail. He faces charges of felony murder, attempted murder, and a sentencing enhancement for premeditated murder.

Published on:

41-year-old Alejandro Hernandez Garcia from San Juan Capistrano, suspected of sexually assaulting two teenage females, is facing seven felony charges for forcible rape and sexual penetration by a foreign object.

The first victim, a 16-year-old girl from San Juan Capistrano, was familiar with Garcia before the assault. He allegedly raped her after forcing her into a garage, and she recognized him nearly a year later when he returned to the neighborhood where the assault took place.

The second incident took place approximately one month later. Garcia was said to have given a 19-year-old woman who was lost in Santa Ana a drink laced with an illegal substance, and then proceeded to rape her in the backseat of his car.

Published on:

After a hold-up in a Riverside Carl’s Jr. restaurant and a prior heist at a Riverside Pizza Hut, 28-year-old Jose Felipe Fernandez was charged with two counts of robbery with an enhancement of using a firearm in a felony. Enhancement laws, which vary by state, are typically sought to increase the classification of a conviction to a higher level offense and penalty due to the severity of the crime, or for repeat offenses.

After allegedly holding up the Carl’s Jr., Fernandez tried to flee the scene by driving his car through a nearby field leading the police on a chase that resulted in his arrest after the suspect crashed his vehicle causing it to ignite. The fire from the collision caused approximately 1 acre of brush to scorch before it was contained.

Fernandez has entered a plea of not guilty on all charges, and he is being detained on $1 million bail. Authorities reported that they are still seeking a second suspect who successfully escaped from the scene and remains at large.

Published on:

A 32 year old Florida man, Anthony Mendez, was found Monday night allegedly under the influence of drugs and unresponsive with a child in his car. He was arrested on suspicion of child neglect.

Drivers found Mendez unresponsive at the wheel of his car around 7:30 p.m. according to the Collier County Sheriff’s arrest report. The report states that witnesses called 911 and while waiting for deputies to respond, an off-duty firefighter treated Mendez. He had a pulse, but was barely breathing.

A woman that was stopped behind Mendez at a traffic light said that it appeared as though he was sleeping. She tried to wake him but couldn’t. The off-duty firefighter saw the woman pounding on the driver’s side window of Mendez’s car and pulled over to help. The firefighter told officials that when he saw Mendez slumped over the steering wheel, he proceeded to pull the man out in case he needed CPR.

Published on:

According to prosecutors, two men were arraigned in Orange County Superior Court on charges of trafficking and attempted pimping of a teenage girl in Costa Mesa.

The two men, one 25 years old and the other 23 years old, also face charges for pimping a woman for sex, according to the Orange County DA office and the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force.

The two men were arrested on Saturday night in Costa Mesa on suspicion of attempting to pimp a teenage girl and a woman between May 2016 and June 2016 in an area of Costa Mesa that is known for prostitution, the statement said.

Published on:

A 53-year old registered sex offender in Orange County, California is accused of video recording up a 13-year old girl’s skirt on Sunday, in a La Habra craft store.

A witness claims he saw the man use his cell phone to “presumably view and record underneath a young girl’s dress,” while walking around the craft store and contacted police.

Police initially detained and then arrested and booked the man at the La Habra jail. They then searched his house and allegedly found an estimated 200 additional upskirt videos. An investigating officer explained that websites publish those videos without permission or knowledge of the women and girls who appear in them.

Published on:

Michelle Betancourt was sentenced on Tuesday for stabbing her three year old son during a domestic dispute with the child’s father.

In May 2015, Michelle Betancourt of Los Angeles and her child’s father got into a heated argument. The twenty-three year old woman lost control and threw a knife at the man, but it hit her child instead. Neighbors reported terrifying screaming and crying and a woman yelling something about “a lot of blood.” Neighbors saw Betancourt running down the driveway, holding the wounded boy, while screaming hysterically. The boy’s father initially claimed that the boy had stabbed himself.

The boy’s injuries were life-threatening, but he did recover. Betancourt was arrested and charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and personal infliction of great bodily injury. Although police originally claimed the assault was intentional, after thoroughly reviewing the case prosecutors decided they could not file attempted murder charges. Attempted murder requires the specific intent to murder, whereas Betancourt acted wantonly and recklessly. Her attorney insists that she did not intend to harm her child.

Published on:

A Pennsylvania man, Andre Price, has been charged with child endangerment and the mother of his children has been charged with murder after she sent him angry text messages threatening to kill the children and a lifeless video of one child and he failed to respond.

The woman allegedly believed that Price wasn’t coming home so that he could be with another woman. In dozens of text messages she said “your kids ain’t safe here,” “come get them I don’t want them here” and “answer me or I am going to jail for child endangerment”. About an hour into the rant the woman allegedly sent a text message saying “I’m killing them,” followed by a laughing emoji with tears coming from its eyes. She then sent a lifeless video of the couple’s son.

The woman herself eventually called 911. Police found the boy dead on an air mattress. The woman has been charged with murder and child endangerment for endangering the life of the boys younger sister, who was present during the incident.

Published on:

Californians have just enacted the biggest change to the criminal justice system in a generation. Voters have approved Proposition 47, which will reduce most drug and many theft crimes from felonies to mere misdemeanors. This will reduce or eliminate thousands of jail sentences across the state.

Anyone who is currently serving a prison sentence that qualifies under this reclassification is eligible to petition for a new, lighter sentence, even if currently incarcerated under Californias “three strikes” law. Someone serving a 25-to-life sentence may, for example, be allowed to leave prison now with credit for time that has been served.

Continue reading →

Published on:

Kevin Reilly has served his prison sentences, has paid $6,000 to voluntarily be castrated, and spent more than 10 years in treatment at state mental hospitals. He claims he is no longer a threat to society.

Deputy District Attorney Michael Carroll said that Reilly was charged with molesting six girls between the ages of 4 to 8. He served three prison sentences and was incarcerated at a state mental hospital 14 years ago. Carroll added that “despite the castration, he still has sexual thoughts about prepubescent girls.”

Continue reading →