Articles Tagged with security

Published on:

A Sylmar man has been arrested after allegedly issuing a fake story to the police claiming that he had information about a mass shooting that would take place at the Los Angeles County Fair on Saturday.

Just before 3:00 pm on Friday, the Pomona Police Department was notified by Fairplex, where the Los Angeles County Fair is currently taking place, and told of an email they reportedly received from someone who said they had been made aware that a mass shooting would occur at the fair on Sunday.

In a matter of hours, the Pomona police and the FBI worked together and identified three people who could be possible suspects that they believed may have been responsible for sending the email warning to the Fairplex.

Published on:

A man suspected of burglarizing a home last Thursday tried to buck the accusation when he said a horse was the actual perpetrator.

Steve Ferguson bought a home in Pasco County, Florida, last year with the intention of repairing and restoring it before listing it as a rental.

Ferguson, who held the belief that the location of his new house was in a neighborhood that was frequently targeted for break-ins, installed a security system on his property since he would not be living there and wanted to keep watch over the home. He also posted “No Trespassing” signs as an additional attempt to deter criminal activity.

Published on:

When two Arkansas neighbors allegedly combined alcohol, a bulletproof vest, and a rifle, the ill-advised blend resulted in class D felony charges for both men.

On March 31, 50-year-old Charles Ferris, and his 36-year-old neighbor Christopher Hicks were hanging out together and enjoying some drinks on Ferris’ backyard deck.

At some point in the evening, Ferris decided he would wear a bulletproof vest. While donning the body armor he allegedly got it in his head that he should goad Hicks into shooting him in the chest using the loaded rifle.

Published on:

On Friday, a Louisiana man was arrested on suspicion of numerous charges after he reportedly tried to physically assault an employee at a casino. During the suspect’s arrest he also allegedly made several threats toward the officers and their families.

A man visiting the Hollywood Casino in Baton Rouge on July 1 allegedly got highly upset with one of the workers in the establishment and appeared as if he might become physically aggressive when he jumped over a table and began threatening the staff member. Another employee stepped in and grabbed the man to prevent him from getting close enough to harm the person he was angry with.

The authorities were alerted and upon arrival, they discovered that the suspect was Clifton Jeanpierre III, 27.

Published on:

A high school student and her mother are facing charges after they allegedly assaulted employees of the institution.

Danazia Whitfield, an 18-year-old deaf girl, attends DuPont Manual High School in Louisville, Kentucky. On April 26, she was sent to the assistant principal’s office due to a dispute she had with a teacher and another student.

Whitfield placed her backpack in a spot that was obstructive while she sat outside of the office and a school security monitor picked it up and moved it to a less intrusive place.

Published on:

A Florida father allegedly left his two young sons in the back of his locked car in a parking lot while hanging out in a strip club. He has been accused of child neglect.

According to staff at the establishment Willie Lee Jordan Jr., 23, visited Fort Myers gentleman’s club Scarlett’s Cabaret on Thursday, and he was asked to leave because he did not meet the dress code standards of the club. He returned in proper attire later in the evening.

One of the security guards on shift heard the cries of a child and went to investigate where the sound was coming from. He came upon Jordan Jr.’s locked SUV which had the windows open a couple of inches, and he saw two young boys alone in the back seat. A 3-month-old infant was crying and found in an upside down position in an unbuckled car seat. The other child, a 3-year-old boy, was sitting in the back seat and also crying.

Published on:

Two men, Jonathan Cephus, 36, and Melvin Collins, 33, are allegedly responsible for a long list of robberies that began on July 5, 2013. Cephus held up a Little Caesars in Fullerton, according to Senior Deputy District Attorney Brock Zimmon.

Cephus later pistol-whipped a man as he robbed a Del Taco in Anaheim on July 22nd. On July 26th, Cephus robbed a Jack in Box in Anaheim and on August 28th Cephus again robbed a Jack in the Box in Anaheim, Zimmon said.

Four more robberies took place on September 2, 2013. The first one happened at 7 a.m. at a Burger King in Buena Park, but Collins got scared away when the clerk mentioned that there were many surveillance cameras in the store, According to Zimmon.